Last Week: July 9th through 15th



I just realized that I didn't include my media consumption in the previous blog. I don't think I have it assembled for this one, either, but I'm back on tracking it now. Also, I should really make a template for these posts. 

On Sunday, Sam and I went to the downtown branch of the Nashville Public Library. I checked out Fun Home and read it just inside of a covered area while it rained in the courtyard, which was a very nice experience. Fun Home is a very good book. I haven't finished it. I can see the objections that people have to a couple of scenes in the book. I also think many people severely underestimate and coddle their teens. 

On Monday, I had an online meeting with someone representing a TedX event that's happening in August. She wanted to know if I was right for handling their videography needs. The prep work I did ahead of time led me to believe I could handle it. I won't do it for free, though, and their budget is very limited. We'll see what happens. I quoted her on both recording and editing. She said it would be good to add to my portfolio. I told her my portfolio is fine. I need money to justify time away from my actual job and family. 

When that concluded, I put up the foam acoustic panels on the BNN studio wall on the control room side. They look awesome. I recorded a time lapse. 

On Tuesday, Nadia went to the school with me, and Sergeant Major Clark helped me get the desk top on and test the stools I already had in the studio with the new desk. They were too short, so that became the most urgent next problem to work on. 

On Wednesday, I started the day with completely screwing up a planned morning in Chattanooga to attend the state CTE conference. The round table discussion I was going to attend was scheduled to start at 9am. I planned to leave the house at 630am and arrive at 830am. When I entered the address, Google Maps told me my arrival time would be 930am. I hadn't considered the time change. I went to work and got some yearly setup done instead after calling to my CTE host and apologizing. I still need to get together with him. After MJ, I was able to take some drones I've never used to central office for an inventory transfer, freeing up some storage space in my room and hopefully helping someone else's program. 

The original plan for the rest of the day included Jessica getting off work early to take kids to their yearly appointments, but since I was back in Mt Juliet earlier than anticipated, she was able to work more, which gave her more availability to be off the following day for my wisdom teeth removal surgery. 

Jessica took the kids after the yearly appointments and got Nadia to speech/OT while I headed to Nashville for an Adobe demonstration and post-production professionals meet and greet. The Pitts was going to be there, but Jesse got caught up in work, which turned out just fine because it forced me to mingle. I met a teacher from Williamson County who teaches a film production class. He doesn't do daily news, sports streams, or any of that. His school is Renassaince, which is an arts magnet school with under 200 kids. Yeah. I also ran into Brenan Sharp, which was FANTASTIC. Brenan and I mostly talked about my dad. The Adobe presentation mostly focused on new AI capabilities in Photoshop and Premiere Pro, but there was also a bit about text-based editing, which I feel validates the philosophy I've put on my students over the years. I've always told them I edit interview video just like I edit and construct magazine articles and essays, by separating and labeling the quotes and big ideas and arranging from there, and that doing so in video isn't any different. 

Oh, also, since I was about an hour early for the Adobe thing, I scooted over to Game Terminal for some pinball and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I was pleased to see they've added Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. 

On Thursday, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Jessica drove me there and home. One of the sections required stitches in my gums because the work was so serious. I remember the IV going in, and I barely remember getting in the car. I recorded video of myself talking in the car because that's what I do. The gause and medication situation for the rest of the day was rough, and I bled for longer than necesary because Jessica and I didn't understand that the spray syringe for washing the sockets shouldn't be used in the first couple of days, meaning I accidentally blew out a blod clot. Overrall, though it wasn't a terrible experience. The surgeon warned me that the third day would be bad, though. 

On Friday,  I had a previously scheduled blood draw for checking in again on my potassium levels, but they couldn't get anything out of me because I was so dehydrated from not being able to drink leading up to my procedure, so we scheduled a new attempt. I went to work afterwards and got the new pop up green screen in place. 

On Saturday, the surgeon was right. Terrible waking up. There was a storm in the morning, and Nadia and I sat on the front porch drinking our drinks, talking, and cuddling. It might have been my favorite part of the week. I also hooked up Pierce's tank light to Google Home, so now we can control it with voice. It's also on a schedule. Nadia is very disappointed in me when I forget to turn Pierce's light off before I go to sleep. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week: July 2nd through 8th

Last Week: June 18th - 24th

Last week: June 4th-10th