Last week: June 11th - 17th

I didn't do much on Sunday. 

On Monday, Nadia and I played hide and seek, and then the kids and I went to Don Fox park for a bit. Nadia played on the playground while Sam read Good Omens and snuck off to buy Kona Ice with his own money. 

On Tuesday, Nadia and I went to tour Jessica's decorations at ATC. They're awesome, as usual. 

On Wednesday, I scheduled a bunch of BNN social media posts. 

On Thursday, the kids and I went to Goodwill for Sam to search for clothes while Nadia tried out the used exercise equipment. I tore my middle knuckle up by not properly preparing for boxing exercises. 

On Friday, dad and I retreived a news desk from Brentoow that popped up on Facebook Marketplace the day before. It's a $7,000 desk that I bought for $100. It's amazing. It's also heavy. 

On Saturday, I took Sam with me to the Wilson County Black History Committee Juneteenth Celebration. We had June Juice, catfish sandwiches, and fries. I ran into Bill Moss and Tommy Bryan, and spoke with some folks in charge of the committee about possible videos for some of their projects. I also got a photosphere of the Pickett Chapel renovation from the inside. When I went to upload that 360 image to Google Maps, I discovered the historical site wasn't even listed on Google Maps. My suggested edit cleared Google reviewers the very next day. 

I also finally got to take Sam to the antique mall in Lebanon, which he enjoyed. 

What I listened to:


Howie Mandel talked about inadvertently outing himself as having OCD in a live way on Howard Stern, not knowing it was live, deciding to step out into the street and die, and getting stopped by a stranger in the street who said, "Me too. I have issues." Whenever I see people complaining about some of the less intended affects of modern inclusive culture, these are the stories I know they haven't heard. 


After my first experience with this podcast, the Jay Leno episode was a bit of a letdown. Jay is not an especially interesting guy., and it's clear he doesn't really feel comfortable with vulnerability. 


Unexpected new and posthumous track / collaboration. Serious late 90s / early 00s Jeep rap energy on this one. I ran it back as soon as it was done. It's always hard to know to right away know the difference between a song that I enjoy because it's good and a song that I enjoy simply because it conveys a vibe that is nostalgic. 

What I read:


It is very frustrating that more people don't recognize that the people who swear they are trying to protect children from what they consider to be adult considerations definitely pick and choose which kids they are protecting from which ideas. It's bullshit. I don't care of it's intentionally disingenous or accidental hypocrisy. It's bullshit. 


We are experiencing the inevtiable and intended effects of the unnecessary and manufactured freakout over transgenderism, and it's hurting everyone. 


No, we should not be using generative AI to recreate dead performers without their permission. It's gross. 


This will help. I hate the way that Youtube Music tucks my playlists behind several layers of clicks and scrolls. 


What I watched:

Thor: Love and Thunder

I thought this was better than people had said it was. I think people constantly compare movies they're watching to the movie they think they're getting, of the movie they'd make if it was there, instead of simply consuming the movie. 

Neal Brennan Blocks Netflix stand-up special

First of all, that trailer doesn't feel like the trailer at ALL. Terrible trailer. 

I think this is the first stand-up special Jessica has enjoyed. We laughed a lot. It was awkward at times, and the transitions between bits and narratives weren't always smooth, but I think it worked well. Supposedly it's a well-liked performance. I certainly identify with the idea of not being enough of whatever groups I'm a member of or associated with, and spending many years feeling like something is wrong with me because I don't act like or feel like everyone else seems to. That feeling doesn't leave me down or isolated these days, though. I've come to understand most people feel it on some level, and most people feel alone in that feeling. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week: July 2nd through 8th

Last Week: June 18th - 24th

Last week: June 4th-10th